Saturday, February 14, 2009

What Does a White Rose

Signify?




I know Red = Love, Yellow = Friendship...but white? I don't know, I've never gotten a white rose before.



So last night at EP, I come out of work to find a note and a rose on my windshield. Jim is with me and he's like.."Heather, there's something on your windshield"...and I'm like "yeah, I see that."...
So I grab the wrapped up flower, and the little note attached...and I read:





Someone thinks I'm angelic? I had to check the calendar to make sure it was Valentines day and not April fools. When I told my mom what the note said, she laughed so hard I thought she was going to drop the phone....and when she composed herself you know what my brat of a mother says to me? "Well, he doesn't know you very well does he?" As she laughs some more! Seriously though...while I might be a nice girl now...I wasn't always, I was a very mischievous little girl growing up...ornary...spunky....adventurous...come to think of it, I'm still pretty much that way, except for now at nearly 31, it's considered to be a good thing...while at a pre-teen stage, oh, it was a really BAAAAAAD thing. Oh the trouble i got into to....*sighs*

Anyway....so it's been a year since I've received flowers....when I was in the hospital last year, so while my flower was unexpected and pretty much caught me off guard, I like it. The guy who gave it to me isn't a creepy stalker, he's actually really sweet, and thanks to him, my room smells like roses this Valentines Day.

And I got to tell you....I needed this. This little boost. Recently some things transpired that had me feeling a little glum, disheartened and well, sad really. It's hard for me to understand when people say and do things that they know will hurt you, yet they do them anyway....

So while one person hurt, another healed. Maybe it's the "devils luck"....but somehow, in my life, I'm learning not to worry....it all works out in the end.

So Happy Valentines day my angels....(well if I can be angelic, you guys certainly can by my angels!)...I hope you all are loved, pampered, well fed and intimate with the ones you love today. Meanwhile, I'll be hanging out with my dog, enjoying my date with Robert Redford....and Paul Newman. I picked up Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid to spend my big V-day with. They are good guys....and the thing about GOOD GUYS....they always come through for you in the end.

3 comments:

  1. White = I give up

    I prefer guns with my roses XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I found the answer...this according to some random website:

    Single Rose in any color expresses simplicity and gratitude

    White Roses express Purity/heavenly, secrecy, silence, innocence and charm

    Well there you have it.

    but the white: "i give up"..like a little white flag...i like the way you think RJ.

    and i like a little guns with my roses too, just sans those retarded side step dance moves of axl rose...that still creeps me out!

    Happy V-day RJ.

    ~hl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that's so sweet!!!
    Who was it??? Do tell!!

    I didn't get anything for V day...
    = (

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~