Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another Birthday comes and goes:


Well, I’m 31 and still alive. No hospital stays, no lightning bolts, just one simply happy birthday.

It was a rather uneventful day really, up until I realized I was getting a stupid cold. Sneezing, watery eyes, stuffy head, snotty nose…the works man! SUCKS!!!

I hate being sick.

Anyway, but the show must go on, sick or not sick, it’s my gosh darn birthday and I’m not going to let a little cold stop me from having fun….

However it DID stop me from being able to breathe, taste my dinner or my drink last night! *frowns*….sucked too, because my flauta looked delicious last night…and I think my bombpop (my drink of choice) was really good….I think, I can’t tell you for sure since I didn’t taste a thing….felt the tequila though!

The night was great, Kami & Kevin picked me up at my house around six thirty….I was a little bummed at this point since Darren had called from Fort Wayne and said he was having car troubles. And I just thought…figures….I was all pumped that Darren was going to meet all my other friends….and now car troubles!

However on the way to Lima, he called back and said he got it fixed and was on his way!

Kami and Kevin and I arrived at Banditos to meet Steph and Matt who were already there waiting for us. Margarita’s already started to be consumed. Shortly thereafter Tiff arrived and then Darren bringing up the rear.

It was a simple setting, just some food, drinks and friends, and it was perfect. The perfect way to spend your birthday, no big to-do, no muss, no fuss….however Tiff did bake me a chocolate covered cherry cake…mmmm…was it good! Errr..well, I think it was, it “looked” good anyway. Again, no sense of taste over here.

Darren brought me home around nine thirty, ten-ish…we had a bit of a chat and then he left me to enjoy the remaining hours of my 31st birthday alone. Well Chubs was there…but he seemed pretty indifferent to the whole occasion.

So, as quietly as the day arrived, it snuck off into the dawn of a new day….Darren’s Birthday.

So Happy Birthday Darren, where ever you might be today!

To Kami, Kevin, Tiff, Steph, Matt & Darren, thanks for giving me such a great birthday dinner! It was so much fun…..I won’t soon forget it.

~hl~

5 comments:

  1. I love birthdays like that, the ones that come and go really quietly.
    Seems to me that the older i get the quieter i get, i mean, i dont shout about my birthday anymore and to be completely honest...sometimes i'd rather forget it.

    Happy birthday (belated) and i hope this year treats you well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warwick ~ Yeah, they are the best aren't they?

    Now, I love birthdays, so I haven't gotten to the point i want to forget mine...i mean, it's the perfect excuse to spend some much needed gab time with your friends, have a bite to eat together, a drink or two, and nobody can say they are too busy, cuz it's your birthday damnit! lol

    Thank you for the belated birthday wishes..!

    Mel ~ Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In another time in my other life people never cared about age, people just lived. Now I hear about it everytime. Even men are into it. They be like "oh you need to start saving, you need to start eating right, you need to try and finish up your studies and get married" I know what I need to do, avoid those people :)
    hbd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB ~ I'm with you brother...AVOID THESE PEOPLE!!

    Live every day to the fullest, for you never know when i'll be your last.

    ~hl~

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~