
So you all know how heart broken I was over the first house that for reasons beyond my control (ei: plumbing, banks, etc.) the deal fell through....and I was...man I was just bummed. So a week or so ago, I asked my agent to show me a house that was newly listed with an agent. I had been keeping my eye on it for quite some time, but they wanted more than I could afford to pay...so when I saw they listed it with an agent, I figured they were getting seriously motivated to sell. Soooo...like a good little future home owner, I called my agent and booked a showing.
I went, I saw, I loved it, and it's in a perfect location...right across the street from my cousin. Which incidentally is right next to the damn railroad tracks, but fuck it, no house is perfect! *laughs*...so we saw it on Sunday, I put in an offer on Monday...and just as I suspected..DENIED! The Seller wouldn't budge off is list price! So sadly I took the news to heart, put the house to rest and I moved on...hoping that the THIRD time would be the charm in my road to home ownership.
Well that was LAST WEEK. I go to work this morning...fairly chipper...coming off a nice weekend spent hanging with my little sister....and I get an e-mail from my Agent who tells me that while taking our offer off the table, after we denied his counter offer of FIRM ON PRICE....he came back to her with a counter-counter offer. Which is odd. He came back at just a few thousand more than what I offered, PLUS he'd throw in a washer, dryer, stove AND refrigerator!! All things coincidental I don't have!
I was like...really? Amie (my agent) are you freaking kidding me?
So I countered back, that I'd meet his price, he'd throw in the appliances and I'd pay a tad bit more if he'd pay closing costs...and he took it! HE TOOK IT!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT...HE TOOK IT!....
I signed the documents tonight, and if all goes well, I will be closing my loan on or before March 31st.
I'm so happy right now....you wouldn't believe how happy unless you were to see it!
So, for all my friends out there....better get your moving gloves out, start saving boxes for me, and pick up trucks ready.....cause, while I'm not moving just yet, I am MOVING in that direction.
Oh, and did I mention I'm moving back on the "good side of the tracks"? *laughs*....No more Marble Town for me!
~hl~


Congrat's on the house! Hopefully this one's already been inspected or will pass with flying colors.
ReplyDeleteI'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best.
ReplyDeleteboldly going where I wanted to go before...
~hl~
aww hon, congrats!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you...
this is big.. huge!
YAY!!!!
*jumps up and down for you*
Man, did I pick a good day to read your blog or what?!?! CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see it! So, does this mean you're not participating in spa day Saturday? I really hope you still come down! We need to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteAlex ~ Thanks angel, NOW when you come to Ohio to visit, you'll have a cozy lil place to rest that beautiful head of yours!
ReplyDeleteAmber ~ Didn't you get my e-mail i sent you, i sent you an e-mail yesterday and told you about the house AND that I WILL be coming this weekend...I might have to hitch a ride with someone, but I AM coming! One way or another.
Luv ya!
~hl~
No, I didn't get the e-mail. Did you use profanity again? You know EJM doesn't like potty mouths!! I'm so glad you're coming though. And the house looks so cute. I'm glad you're back on the right side of the tracks. You know how the Delphos ghetto worries me. The Marble Town Gang can be a tough group.
ReplyDeleteAmber ~ Gosh I don't think i was swearing again in my e-mail to you...but you know me, swearing is like breathing, i can't help it....it comes natural.
ReplyDeletelol...I just went and read the e-mail...yep, i cursed! D*mnit, F*cking Sh*t...oh, i mean, gosh darnit, no wonder you didn't get it. I will revise said e-mail and foward it to you immediately. lol
Oh, and those Marble town gangs are bad news...there's that red haired guy who rides the tricycle and wears the orange vest...who peeps in the windows in the trailer court...and then there's the guy with the thick glasses who ALSO rides a bike...I wonder where he eats now that KFC went out of business? Hmmmm....then there's that pack of wild dogs, and the herd of cats....i tell you, it's a good thing I'm moving...it's wild kingdom of perverts and four legged neglected housepets around here! ;)
~hl~
Big girly YAY!!!!!!! Air high-five hon!
ReplyDeleteMel~ LOL...you sound like me...I, like a total girl, got all teary eyed when my agent called and told me the news!
ReplyDeleteOh, and my house is white with burgandy shutters....it's a girly house, so naturally we'll have "girlie" responses to it! :)
Now you just have to do a happy dance around your living room very similar to Tom Cruise in Risky business...and you'll be all caught up to where I am! ;)
~hl~
is good, is good, is good. This is probably gonna be the biggest personal asset you will ever own. If I was not so restless I'd try to get one too.
ReplyDelete